Hello! – So you have just come from Google search and most likely want to know one of the following?
How to transfer a Facebook pixel to another account?
How to swap a Facebook pixel from one account to another?
How to assign a Facebook pixel to another ad account?
How to transfer a Facebook pixel in 2018?
How to change ownership of a Facebook pixel?
There may come a time when you need to transfer a Facebook pixel to a clients account or any other add account and this guide may help you in the process.
Especially when a business has changed hands or if a client has had a previous agency involved and they created the pixel code, there are going to be times when rather than start from scratch, you are going to want to use the same pixel code and take advantage of the data that is already connected to, and accessible from that pixel code.
It used to be the case that sharing a pixel code to another ad account was easy. You just clicked the share button and entered the ad account ID and ‘poof!’ it was done. That is now no longer the case, and there is very little accurate information available online.
Only the OWNER of a pixel code can share it first of all, and it is done through business manager, so:
- Create (or if it is someone else’s account get the owner to do this) a business account by going to business.facebook.com
- having created a business account, claim the ad account and other assets such as pages.
- inside the business account (of the sending ad account), select ‘data sources’ from the menu, then select ‘pixels’ and select the specific pixel you want to share.
- Next, select ‘assign partner’ and choose editor from the options and then enter the BUSINESS ACCOUNT ID of the owner of the ad account that you want to share the pixel to.
- The business account owner of the person that owns the new ad account on which the pixel is going to be used, should now see the shared pixel in their business manager account, which they can select from data sources/pixels. They (the receiving ad account owner) can then select ‘ad accounts’ from the pixel’s sub menu, and then ‘Assign ad accounts’ and they should then be able to select the receiving ad account and assign the pixel code to it.
There are also guidance notes that state that pixel codes cannot be shared with/assigned to, ad accounts owned by individuals. Hence the need for the receiving ad account to also be managed from a business account from business.facebook.com
Once you have completed the above steps, then the new ad account should now have the old existing pixel code assigned to it, so that data can be used to create custom audiences etc.
Based in the North East of England UK Web GeekZ are innovators in the search engine optimisation industry and use tactics that work time and time again, give us a call if you would like to get more traffic or simply a new website design.
Article Source Here: How to transfer a Facebook pixel to another account in 2018